This course is suitable for anyone who is, or who is liable to be, exposed to Asbestos and those who supervise or manage employees who may be exposed to Asbestos. This would include roofers, bricklayers, carpenters, plumbers, H&V engineers, shop fitters, demolition workers, maintenance fitters, architects and surveyors etc.
It is a mandatory requirement under Regulation 10 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006 that all those exposed or liable to be exposed to asbestos shall receive training in Asbestos awareness. Those wishing to remove or work with unlicensed Asbestos (White, Chrysotile) containing materials (ACMs) must receive additional training to include safe methods of working, decontamination procedures and waste management.
Delegates will gain a clear understanding of the potential health hazards of Asbestos, be able to identify places where Asbestos can be found and what to do in the event that Asbestos products are discovered.
Delegates will receive training, knowledge and understanding in;
- Types and properties of Asbestos fibres
- The effects of Asbestos on health
- Activities which cause the release of Asbestos fibres
- Actions to prevent the release of Asbestos fibres
- Locations of Asbestos containing roofing materials
- White, Blue and Brown Asbestos fibres
- Actions to be taken on discovery of Asbestos
- Safe methods of working with unlicensed Asbestos ACMs
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE)
- Decontamination and waste disposal
- Health records and medical supervision
- Emergency procedures
- Relevant legislation and Codes of Practice
FOR FURTHER DETAILS PLEASE CONTACT US USING THE ENQUIRY FORM BELOW