2016 Young Builder of the Year Awards
The 17th Young Builder of the Year Awards celebrate the achievements of young people, who despite having to overcome a range of barriers have succeeded in training for and or gaining employment in the construction industry.
We are seeking applications from two categories: -
· 14 to 18 year olds still in education or training (including apprentices)
· 18 to 24 year olds in employment or training
Applications will open on Tuesday 3rd May 2016 and close on Friday 29th July 2016. The 20 finalists will be invited to the Awards Ceremony at the House of Commons on Wednesday 19th October 2016, when the winners will be announced.
For 2016 there is a prize fund of £7,500 and all shortlisted finalists will receive an award.
· The overall winner will receive up to £1,500 (including tools)
· The runner up will receive up to £750 (including tools)
· The winner of the 14 to 18 year old category will receive up to £750 (including tools) and their educational establishment will receive tools worth up to £500.
The 2016 Awards are sponsored by: -
To find out more about the Awards visit our website www.ybuk.org
and follow us @youthbuild_uk